Objectives for One Year Post Basic Specialization Courses:
Upon completion of specialty program, students will be able to demonstrate leadership, responsibility and accountability to the nursing profession by:
- Producing a competent bedside practitioner in all aspects of Critical/Intensive Care Nursing and prepare them for working in Emergency and all type of ICU Care Units.
- Utilizing the nursing process and caring behavior to provide safe, competent, and holistic nursing care to clients in a variety of settings.
- The Course member will be skilled in making clinical assessment, interpretation of clinical findings and taking appropriate decision and action in total patient care.
- Utilizing effective oral and written communication in interpersonal and professional interaction with peers, clients, families, and other professionals.
- Demonstrating a high degree of competence in the use of available resources for the communities, families, individuals and institutions to resolve identified needs.
- Demonstrating the ability to coordinate activities related to the provision of health care for clients in various settings and provides leadership as appropriate.
- Demonstrating awareness of the existing health care system and its policies as they affect the nursing profession.
- Providing an advanced educational knowledge which will develop the student’s intellectual and imaginative abilities in order to facilitate the development of independent judgment and decision making and problem-solving.
Eligibility Criteria for Specialty Courses:-
- Matric science biology 55% / FSc 50%
- Diploma in Nursing three years
- Updated PNC Licence
Documents Required for ICU Speciality:-
|1||Matric Mark Sheet||One copy with attestation|
|2||Matric Certificate||One copy with attestation|
|3||FSc Mark sheet||One copy with attestation|
|4||FSc Certificate||One copy with attestation|
|5||Diploma in Nursing||One copy with attestation|
|6||Mark sheet 1st .2nd & Final year Nursing||One copy with attestation|
|7||Active PNC License||One copy with attestation|
|8||C.N.I.C||One copy with attestation|
|9||Domicile||One copy with attestation|
|10||Photographs||Passport size three photographs|
|Post Basic Specialties||Admission open||Commencement of Classes|